Wallaroo is an engine for writing distributed data processing applications. We’ve designed it to handle demanding high-throughput, low-latency tasks where the accuracy of results is essential. Wallaroo takes care of mechanics of scaling, resilience, state management, and message delivery. We've designed Wallaroo to make it easy scale applications with no code changes, and allow programmers to focus on business logic.
- Fraud Detection
- Cyber Security
- Online Advertising
- Portfolio optimization
- Transaction Processing
For more information see Setting Up Your Environment for Wallaroo
For more information see Scale-Independence
For more information see State (from the Wallaroo Technical Documentation)
Unlike other streaming platforms, the Wallaroo engine was purpose built to handle the ever-increasing demands of data-driven applications. On an event-by-event basis (not micro-batching) we've seen as low as 2 microsecond end-to-end sustained latency and as high as 4M messages per second processed on a single 16-core AWS server. Wallaroo is ready for IoT scale data.
Wallaroo allows developers to concentrate on business logic, not the complexities of writing a reliable distributed application. For example, Wallaroo's scale aware platform handles the complex nature of distributing in-memory application state across a cluster of machines, and moving it as needed.
Wallaroo is an open source project. All of the source code is available to you. However, not all of the Wallaroo source code is available under an “open source” license.
Most of the Wallaroo code base is available under the Apache License, version 2. Parts of Wallaroo are licensed under the Wallaroo Community License Agreement. The Wallaroo Community License is based on Apache version 2. However, you should read it for yourself. Here we provide a summary of the main points of the Wallaroo Community License Agreement.
- You can run all Wallaroo code in a non-production environment without restriction.
- You can run all Wallaroo code in a production environment for free on up to 3 servers or 24 CPUs.
- If you want to run Wallaroo Enterprise version features in production above 3 servers or 24 CPUs, you have to obtain a license.
- You can modify and redistribute any Wallaroo code
- Anyone who uses your modified or redistributed code is bound by the same license and needs to obtain a Wallaroo Enterprise license to run on more than 3 servers or 24 CPUs in a production environment.
Please contact us if you have any questions about licensing or Wallaroo Enterprise.
Wallaroo makes the infrastructure virtually disappear so you get rapid deployment, very low operating cost, and elastic capacity with zero downtime for your applications in big data, stream processing, machine learning, and microservices.